New behind-the-scenes stills of Rooney Mara in Spike Jonze’s ‘Her’
Freedom is life’s great lie. Once you accept that, in your heart, you will know peace.
Never change, Bones.
WAR PHOTOGRAPHY X VINTAGE COMICS PROJECT BY BUTCHER BILLY
Brazil, Curitiba-based Art Direction Butcher Billy (tumblr) - "The visual experiment ended up bringing different results to each piece - from giving a whole new meaning to the picture by modifying the original concept, to reinforcing the same idea by making clear just how the elements were influenced by the history depicted in the photos, or even saying a lot about the psychology behind fiction and reality. While we see the contrast between the black and white photos and the colorful vintage comic books elements, it’s interesting to notice how the superheroes and supervillains world was actually "black and white" in a metaphoric way, while the strong war scenes are established in the real world, where the grey shaded line between good and evil isn’t always clear."
- Original: by Joe Rosenthal, 1945, Iwo Jima.
- Original: “Falling Soldier”, Spanish Civil War, 1936, by Robert Capa.
- WWI, photographer unknown.
- Original: “General Nguyen Ngoc Loan Executing a Viet Cong prisoner”, Vietnam, 1968, by Eddie Adams.
- Original: “Napalm Girl”, Vietnam, 1972, by Nick Ut.
- Vietnam War protest in Philadelphia, back in the 70’s. Photographer unknown.
- American Soldiers Blowing Up a Japanese Bunker - Original by W. Eugene Smith, Iwo Jima, 1945.
- Original by Max Alpert, depicting WWII Battalion Commander A. Yeremenko leading his soldiers to the assault.
- Original: “Raising a flag over the Reichstag”, World War II Battle of Berlin, 1945, by Yevgeny Khaldei.
276. Whenever Abby starts to bring up Buenos Aries, Townsend just rolls his eyes, sighs deeply, and walks out of the room.
Loki Week: Day Six - Villainy & Deaths
The sum of a person’s actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.
most of the time i’m like “i love this character a lot but i understand that they aren’t everyone’s cup of tea and some people might not like them”
but there are a few characters where i’m like “HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE THIS PRECIOUS BABY ANGEL I WILL FUCKING FIGHT YOU”